- Face coverings: Federal law and Amtrak policy require all customers and employees to wear a mask or covering that fully covers the entire mouth and nose, fits snugly against the side of the face, and secures under the chin at all times while onboard trains and in stations, even if state or local policies are different.
- Station arrival: Customers are encouraged to arrive 30 minutes before departure and 60 minutes if in need of ticketing and/or baggage assistance.
- Capacity indicator: When searching for travel, the percentage of seats sold displays next to each trip and adjusts as customers make reservations. This gives customers the opportunity to book a train that is less crowded. If capacity exceeds comfort levels, customers can change their ticket without incurring a fee (a fare difference may apply).
- Amtrak app: Customers can book, board, check train status and access information from the convenience and safety of a mobile device. Amtrak continues to encourage boarding with eTickets, which conductors scan from the Amtrak app.
- Air quality: All Amtrak trains are equipped with onboard filtration systems with a fresh air exchange rate every 4-5 minutes.
- Physical distancing: Signage has been displayed at our stations to indicate safe distances in high traffic areas. In addition, protective plastic barriers have been installed at customer counters at our stations.
Recent Blog Posts
The holiday season is here; finals are over, there is no more studying to be had, and the only reading in your future is hopefully, this blog (we promise it’s worth it).
We’re excited to get the ball rolling on all things festive–like going home for the holidays and cozying up by the fire without a care in the world. If you’re traveling home for the holidays, you might want to think about traveling with Amtrak San JoaquinsRead More
This week we want to highlight and recognize our Veterans and Military personnel. We are truly grateful to those who have served our country. Amtrak San Joaquins is proud to offer discounted travel for military personnel, offering a year-round 15% discount to all Veterans and active duty military personnel, their spouses, and dependents. We also welcome uniformed military personnel to the head of the ticket line.Read More