In late March, as the state was beginning to implement severe restrictions on non-essential travel, Amtrak San Joaquins implemented a revised schedule and suspended large portions of service. Many cities with Amtrak stations implemented temporary closures of their station lobbies.
While Amtrak San Joaquins continues to operate on a reduced service schedule, we are pleased to announce that on October 5th station lobbies will reopen! Passengers can now enter the facility (face mask required) to buy tickets in person, check bags, and await their connections indoors. Station hours are listed below.
Stations Reopening Hours:
- Bakersfield (BFD): 3:45 AM - 10:30 PM
- Emeryville (EMY): 6:00 AM - 10:30 PM
- Fresno (FNO): 5:45 AM - 6:15 PM
- Hanford (HNF): 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Oakland (OKJ): 6:00 AM - 10:30 PM
- Martinez (MTZ): 5:30 AM - 11:00 PM
- Merced (MCD): 10:15 AM - 7:30 PM
- Modesto (MOD): 7:30 AM - 4:45 PM
- Stockton (SKN): 8:10 AM - 8:45 PM
- Sacramento (SAC): 5:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Amtrak San Joaquins' top priority is the health and safety of our employees and passengers. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, Amtrak San Joaquins has followed recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state, and local public health officials when implementing measures to ensure the health and safety of employees and the public. As our previously closed stations reopen, we are reminding the public of the safety protocols we have implemented corridor wide, these include:
- Social Distancing. To ensure the continued health of our travelers and Amtrak San Joaquins staff, all visitors and passengers are required to practice social distancing inside stations, on the platforms, and aboard the trains and Thruway buses.
- Face Coverings. As an additional preventative measure, all Amtrak San Joaquins staff, travelers, and visitors are required to wear facemasks while inside the stations, on the platforms, and aboard the trains and Thruway buses.
- No Cash. Cash is not currently accepted to limit exchange of items from passengers to employees and vice versa.
Thank you for choosing Amtrak San Joaquins for your essential travel.
Recent Blog Posts
California is full of historically significant locations. You can even travel to a number of them on the Amtrak San Joaquins.Read More