Disabled Rider Discounts
Discounts for Passengers with Disabilities and Companions
Amtrak offers a 10% rail fare discount to adult passengers with a disability. Child passengers with a disability are eligible for the everyday 50% child discount plus an additional 10% off the discounted child's fare, regardless of the service on which they travel. Amtrak also offers a 10% discount for persons traveling with a passenger with a disability as a companion. Those designated as companions must be 18 years of age or older. Just select 'Passenger with Disability' or 'Companion' for each passenger as appropriate in Fare Finder at the beginning of your search and to receive the applicable discounts. You must provide written documentation of your disability at the ticket counter and when boarding the train. Enter Code V577
Acceptable documentation includes:
- Transit system ID card for persons with a disability
- Membership card from a disability organization
- Letter from a physician
- Medicare card, if under 65
- Veteran's Administration ID with “Service Connected”
- Disabled/Accessible parking placard issued by a state Department of Motor Vehicle (photocopy is acceptable).
- Not valid with Saver Fares and may not be combinable with other discount programs; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer or ask your reservations sales agent for further details about restrictions.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
Valid for sale: Now - December 31, 2021
Valid for travel: Now – December 31, 2021
Blackout Dates: November 25-29, 2020 & November 24-28, 2021.