Make this holiday season extra magical while riding aboard the Amtrak San Joaquins. The hustle and bustle of the holidays can be overwhelming, but with Amtrak San Joaquins we can make your trip relaxing, convenient, and memorable. If you are traveling in a group or with children, we’ve come up with a few activities that are sure to get the whole crew in the holiday spirit!
Festive activities to do on the train:
- Warm up this season and treat the family to a warm cup of hot cocoa from our onboard Cafe Car. Enjoy the chocolate treat with the scenic view.
- Pack some arts and craft supplies and make homemade holiday cards that can be given to family and friends at your destination.
- Get experimental and make up your own Christmas song. One person is selected to create a song where the others have to give the singer three items that have to be included in the song. This game is sure to bring some laughter.
- Plan a scavenger hunt! Make a list of holiday and train related items (e.g. Christmas tree, the Star of David, bells, Santa Clause, reindeer, Kinara, train conductor, train ticket) and search for them while riding to your destination! The train has plenty of windows for everyone to join in on this fun game.
- If you are traveling with a group, plan a cookie exchange! Our trains offer spacious social seating areas with tables on both levels.
- Connect to our onboard wifi and watch a holiday classic movie. Electrical outlets are available at each seat. You’ll never have to worry about your computer or electronic device running out of battery.
- Take a trip down memory lane and share your favorite holiday memories and traditions with us on our social media channels.
Recent Blog Posts
This week we want to highlight and recognize our Veterans and Military personnel. We are truly grateful to those who have served our country. Amtrak San Joaquins is proud to offer discounted travel for military personnel, offering a year-round 15% discount to all Veterans and active duty military personnel, their spouses, and dependents. We also welcome uniformed military personnel to the head of the ticket line.Read More
November 5th is National Donut Day! So before heading to your Amtrak destination, grab a cup of coffee and a sweet treat! Check out our fun list of local donut shops near Amtrak San Joaquins stations along the corridor below and plan your trip today!Read More